Ace and I want to thank everyone for their support and love during a not so fun time. We wanted to let everyone know we are doing really great though! Being with my family has been really wonderful for both of us. They are all very happy, upbeat people...so how could you not be having fun!
Ace is adjusting really well! He loves his new friend Sam (the golden), but things are still a work in progress with Ben (the cat)...Ben was a rescue...and we aren't sure what his past was like...but he tends to be on the mean side...haha I'm sure things will turn around!
I have a bunch of pics that I will upload tonight hopefully and try to get posting asap! They are soo cute! My cousins just got a new golden retriever puppy! So we hope to be visiting them soon in New Jersey!!
We want to thank our buds Roo & Scratch my Belly for the great awards!! I love it & I love the sense of community this blog brings us and the new friends we have made!
The rules are I have to write down 7 things about us!..hmm since there are 2 awards..I hope it's okay if I stick with just 7...and that will work for both!!! haha :)
- Ace will not, under any circumstance, sleep in the bed with me...I have tried many times now, and he will just NOT sleep, but the second I put him in the crate, he conks out like he's in a coma...I think he really enjoys the sense of being snuggly in his crate. He won't even nap outside his crate!
- Ace eats a whole apple about 2 times a week. It's sooo funny to see him with the apple between his paws! (of course I take it away when he gets down to the rind)! I don't want an apple tree growing in his belly...haha!! It is definitely his favourite snack of all time!
- Ace has never chewed a shoe! I know, how did I manage this!?!? He will however, grab my shoe...and bring it me, drop it in front of me, and whine. I think he does it to get my attention! Such a funny little guy!!
- I don't know how we discovered this, but when Ace is acting crazy and needs some relaxation time....I put him on his back and scratch his inner thighs...he immediately goes calm and closes his eyes. Perfect solution for an unruly Ace! Which happens a dozen times a day!!!! haha
- I wanted to name Ace, Ackamaru, which means Red in Japanese. It is from the Japanese Anime Naruto and it's the dog in the shows name!! I thought it was SO cute and still do...but I couldn't imagine constantly saying that LONG name all the time...especially now with Ace....I say his name 36597563 times a day calling out for him!! haha
- Ace has a very human like personality, it sometimes freaks me out!! haha. When it is time for bed, I say sleepy time, and whatever he is doing, he lays down and rolls over because every night I always rub his belly and give him a nice snuggle for about 10 minutes...then I have to lift him up and he burrows in my neck...then when I try to put him in his crate, he goes limp and makes it hard on me...yea, this happens every night, but I absolutely love it and I wouldn't make it easier or try to change it for anything in the world because it is "our" little ritual!
- I have made up about 3 full songs all about Ace. I sing them to him and he jumps around and will dance with me. It might sound corny, but it's our "mommy & ace" time and I LOVE it :) It makes my day...and WEEK. Having Ace has brought so much joy to my life, I wouldn't change it for anything.