Ace or Ace-Chan (as we have nicknamed him) is a Miniature Australian Shepherd, Blue Merle, with one Blue & one Brownish/Grey Eye!
He was born on January 20th 2010 in Alliston, Ontario (Just about 1.5 hours North of Toronto).
He arrived at his Forever home to his new human mommy & daddy on March 10th, 2010!
Ace now lives with his mommy (me) in New York! Follow us as we start fresh and have adventures in New York!

Be our FUR-riend!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ace Face

This would be the nickname my dad uses for Ace lol, it doesn't make any sense, but it sure has stuck....I find myself calling him "Ace Face" now hahaha!

Ace's first birthday went really well. He did manage to get into come cough drops, so he suffered from a bit of a stomach ache all day, so we had to forego the "hooman food"
BUT, he did get a super cute triceratops toy, and a giant bone, along with a cool bone from one of our new friends here in New York! OH and did I mention...I found a replacement ORANGE MONKEY! it's a miracle! He almost died when I pulled it out of the bag. haha this one is a bit bigger than his original monkey..so he drags it around somewhat...but he loves it!! He even tries to take it on walks with us...I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond for 11$. Great deal :) because it LASTS, he isn't able to shred through it like everything else...
He had a lovely day overall!!

Cute little bug :) He has been having ridiculous fun in all the snow, we got a storm last night, so this morning he romped and "helped" us shovel the driveway? Yea..not so much.

He found a coffee cup in our recycling bin which had just been tossed out. It had some coffee in it at the bottom...so he poured it out onto the snow..and then ate the snow.."Coffee Snow Cone!" ...He's smarter than he looks...hahaha!!

Thanks so much for everyones recommendations on the crate and aggression. I have been working with him everyday and it seems to be getting better. I remain calm and assertive. I love it. 



This is his new thing...sitting in my laundry basket..forget the beds Ive bought him...he would rather chill in here...haha



This week is a busy one for us. Between work, and I am returning to school tomorrow (Friday), Ace is somewhat left out. I considered a lot of things such as getting a dog walker to come mid day, but realized, this just isn't enough! For now, I live just outside the city, and will be commuting into NYC to get to school, and then rushing back to get to work. I have to be realistic...that doesn't leave much time to get this little Aussie's energy out! (which never runs out no matter what...)
My dad has a friend who lives about an hour away in New Jersey, he has a huge piece of land with sheep and another dog. SO...he offered to take Ace for a few weeks, or as long as I need almost as a "Doggie Sleep Away Camp", of course, this breaks my heart, because...I love having him around everyday, but with this new schedule, I won't have the time I used to to give to him. This will of course...only be temporary, as I am trying to find a new job, that way, I am hoping to move into the city, and then Ace will join me. ( I have dreams of Ace and I going for "jogs" in central park together...) In the mean time, I will visit him on the weekends (our cousins live right near by). But at least this way, during the week, he will have tons of space to race around in, and even SHEEP to herd!!! We went last weekend to check it out and let my dad's friend meet Ace and he loved it there! I could barely get him in the car when it was time to leave!!! 
I will post updates of Ace's adventures out in the country!
Oh..and did I mention my dad's friend is a great dog trainer as well? I think this is just what he needs! hhahaa

10 comments:

  1. Glad Ace had a good birthday! Thats so sad that Ace has to go to "camp" but stay positive, like you said its only temporary and uh.. I can't imagine a mini aussie that wouldn't give his favorite toy to romp in fields and herd **!sheeeeep!** all day long! psh all Charlie has to herd is my little brother and my rabbit! Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be a hard decision for you. I know you will miss him. But it sounds like a really great place for Ace! Aussies do take a great deal of time to keep in shape and busy, busy, busy. Ryker needs an hour or more everyday of walks, playtime, other dog play,etc. Even then he is wanting more and often gets it! We are working on him having down time where he has to chill with a bone and not constantly be pestering to play. I think he may be a little spoiled. He is really good at bedtime and settles right down.
    You are doing the best thing for Ace and I commend you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness... he's so cute in that laundry basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure Ace will love you no matter what you do. Just maybe a visit every once and a while will be a good idea! If it were me I don't think I could be away from Simba for more than a week (I know, Im whipped! LOL)

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late, but hope Ace's birthday was the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ace,
    Luv the pics of you in the laundry basket!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com


    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com


    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete