Ace or Ace-Chan (as we have nicknamed him) is a Miniature Australian Shepherd, Blue Merle, with one Blue & one Brownish/Grey Eye!
He was born on January 20th 2010 in Alliston, Ontario (Just about 1.5 hours North of Toronto).
He arrived at his Forever home to his new human mommy & daddy on March 10th, 2010!
Ace now lives with his mommy (me) in New York! Follow us as we start fresh and have adventures in New York!

Be our FUR-riend!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ace-Chan ;)

Here is Ace Chan sitting on the couch!
His latest thing is trying to climb up. It's funny because I know he is capable of jumping up no problem (I've seen him jump up on big rocks & benches), but he insists upon climbing up like a mountain climber. 
I just hope his nails don't snag the couch considering it is not ours...yikes!

The reason for this pic is that Ace met some new friends in Puppy Class on Tuesday night!
One that really stood out was a 3 legged mix who was SO cute and probably the happiest dog I have ever seen...next to Ace of course!!
I can't remember his name, but I think it might have been Max...
Well, when Max sits, he doesn't sit like an average doggie, he sits up totally flat on his bum with his 1 good front leg up in the air. His parents told me that it is his *party trick* haha
But honestly, they said they think he does it to take the pressure off of his front good leg!
It sure was cute though!!! ;)
Here is Ace's daddy trying to get Ace to sit upright on the couch. I feel like he looked at the camera and stuck his tongue out at me on purpose!!! Little Devil!

Overall puppy class could have gone better. Ace did a lot of looking right at me and barking, trying to demand my attention. The trainer, Dorothy, came right over and corrected it. She said not to even look at him when he does that! It ended up working! I was pleased...Ace wasn't.
We are very excited for next week though! I am not sure what we will work on!! This week was heel, which Ace does not like to do! In time...
He is quite a free spirit and likes running like a banshee around the yard playing tag and hide and go seek than walking on a leash.

I have been reading a really good book though recommended to me by a fellow blogger, mommy of Ninja & Penny, She told me to read *Be the Pack Leader* by Cesar Millan.
I must say, what a great book!!! I really recommend it to everyone!
I feel like I have learned so much!! No wonder Ace tries to be so dominate!!
Another thing I found interesting was that it is really hard to raise a dog when there are a lot of people around. I feel like Ace's training hasn't been progressing as well since we had to move back into Daddy's parents house. There is very little consistency. We are trying though and hope that it will get better! ;)
Work & Patience ;)

5 comments:

  1. Hello Ace-chan!

    You sure look good sitting down too. Wai-Pai has been trying to learn the trick of sitting down and it's really funny. We just never had the chance to take a photo since it usually just happens for a few seconds.

    We'll keep you posted =)


    -Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & the Piappies

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice trick sitting like that :))
    It's good your trainer knows how to correct Ace. I guess that's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work and patience most definitely are key!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Cesar's books and they're so inspiring, but I just can't master the "calm assertive" energy "pack leader" thing. Dash only listens to Papa. I totally feel your pain on the training woes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture! Keep working with him, ten minutes a day, keep it fun. He will have a better attention span the older he gets. Ryker has made great strides the past few months.

    ReplyDelete