Ace or Ace-Chan (as we have nicknamed him) is a Miniature Australian Shepherd, Blue Merle, with one Blue & one Brownish/Grey Eye!
He was born on January 20th 2010 in Alliston, Ontario (Just about 1.5 hours North of Toronto).
He arrived at his Forever home to his new human mommy & daddy on March 10th, 2010!
Ace now lives with his mommy (me) in New York! Follow us as we start fresh and have adventures in New York!

Be our FUR-riend!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Humpy Friday & Missing C :)

After our whole ordeal earlier this week, Ace has been very content relaxing the last few days. We dealt with a bit of all night potty breaks with diarreah. It is a combo of being stressed from travel and the new environment. I think the heat has a big part in it though! 
I take him out and he will chase the frisbee a few times and then he wants to lay in the shade....
I don't blame him. I would too if I was wearing a miniature double fur coat!

We were out today at a few stores and I found this SUPER CUTE blanket!! It had paws on the package so I figured it was meant for doggies! It is SO soft...I don't know the material because I have to remove the tags from EVERYTHING or our little tag muncher will eat it... It's pretty big though, so I am not sure, but nonetheless Ace LOVES it!!
Of course it's leopard print! Shh don't tell Ace's Daddy, he likes manly things for Ace, but...He looks so cool all snuggled up in it in his ginormous travel crate!
*YAY new blankie!*
He just loves snuggling on it eating his VitaLife Chicken Strips!

Yawhoo! I love my blanket!



I was organizing our room, and was looking around thinking...how did Ace get so many toys?!?! Well...it is my fault of course. I just LOVE getting him cute toys! He loves them all dearly and will gather them and put them all in the same spot so he can watch them all.
I suppose this is how new mothers must feel with their human babies haha!

*Here he is with his CHEW GUARD technology Lamb squeaky toy! I found it in a magazine! They come in pigs, cows, and lambs! We call him Mr. Lamb Lamb, and his new CROCODILE squeaky toy. He is taking the place of monkey *also below* for now because monkey is now a choking hazard with his neck dangling by a thread...(Monkey is hiding in my nightstand drawer for now...) eek!*

I wanted to EDIT and say the site I got the Lamb toy with Chew Guard Technology is GODOGFUN.COM and they are called puppy tough balls! haha


Here is the little peanut last night after his bath...he decided to warm my pillow for me...*sigh*
Since it is just Ace and I right now, I thought, hey, why not let him sleep in the bed with me?!?! Well...he is now back in his crate after only one night....he wanted to play ALL night!
I would wake up randomly to find him just sitting there wide awake...and then he decided he would lay across my face and I awoke startled with a mouthful of fur...
He is much happier in his snuggly little crate with his leopard blanket!
(I let him snuggle on the bed during the day though while I work on the computer)


On another note, Ace absolutely LOVED my sister. He took to her like white on rice. Following her around, learning her name after like 2 times of me saying it, waking her up in the morning, and....dun dun dun....HUMPING THE HECK OUT OF HER!

I can't remember the last time we laughed so hard. EVERY time my sister would sit or lay down Ace would come charging towards her and try to hump her!!
He does this absolutely crazy thing where he wraps his little arms around your arm, nuzzles his face into your neck, and does this crazy heavy breathing...it is NUTS!
Of course when I would scold him to stop, he pauses, looks right at me and continues.
I read about it, and apparently it isn't a sexual thing, more like a dominance thing. 
He doesn't get all sexual about it if you know what I mean.
But it sure leads to some good laughs!
Here is my sister and Ace (she agreed to let me post the picture for everyone's viewing pleasure) and besides, everyone could use a good laugh, even if it is at her expense! haha 
We miss you already C! We will be seeing you soon in New York!


4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha that's hillarious! I'm glad your sister was a good sport about it! I know some people get really touchy about getting humped by a dog! Haha. I lol'd at that one.

    Thanks for the encouragement on the house training! Stan and I went to sign him up for obedience class tonight, then we went to dinner, and it took a little longer than we planned. When we got home we let Kirbs out of his pen and he came straight to the door, went outside, shook himself off, and he literally shook some of the pee out of him- then he took a 2 minute break on the grass! Poor guy held it the whole time! He's getting it. I need to give him a little more credit. :)

    I also am going to google that chew guard thing- Kirby's FAVORITE toys are the stuffed ones, and seriously, they are all coming apart. Kirby has only lived here for a week!

    Thanks again! Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Thanks for the giggles! Ace is such a charmer. I love how he herds his toys together and "Loves" your sister! Oh and his big mouth open smiles too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ace you sneaky lil devil you. It took me months to finally get to warm Mom's pillow! Your monkey looks a lot like my monkey except mine's purple. I call him "Purpie" :) We play hide and seek together.

    Go monkeys!
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ace is just adorable! Looks like he has some cool toys as well - especially that green alligator.

    Thanks for following my blog! I am your newest follower.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete