Ace or Ace-Chan (as we have nicknamed him) is a Miniature Australian Shepherd, Blue Merle, with one Blue & one Brownish/Grey Eye!
He was born on January 20th 2010 in Alliston, Ontario (Just about 1.5 hours North of Toronto).
He arrived at his Forever home to his new human mommy & daddy on March 10th, 2010!
Ace now lives with his mommy (me) in New York! Follow us as we start fresh and have adventures in New York!

Be our FUR-riend!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Ridiculously Hectic Mini Aussie Week! =)

I haven't posted in about a week or more!
It all started when I started having a really hard time breathing when I was in our apartment, I wasn't sure what it was until I literally wheezing and needed an emergency inhaler!
Turns out our apartment had a huge mold problem, and I have a huge allergy to mold!
We literally packed up our apartment last Thursday and moved to Ace's daddies parents house who live 30 minutes away from our apartment!
While we search for a new home, Ace sure as heck doesn't seem to mind being here.
He has tons of space, a huge backyard, and he even has a stair case to play on! haha
Now that I have recovered from the mold, I really have noticed a huge difference in Ace's behaviour. We have been wondering if the mold was affecting Ace too!!
Since moving in with Ace's grandparents, he has been SO much happier, sweeter, and has been listening like an Angel (I don't want to jinx it now)
*On the bridge in the big park by Daddy's parents house*
*Ahh!! Geese & Ducks!*
*After romping in the river*
*Hey Ma...can I bring this big stick home?*
*Looking for treasures in the leaves!*

Not only has Ace been SO much happier, but he also has become 100% potty trained! (again...don't want to jinx it)
In the apartment..(ridden with mold..) we had originally paper trained Ace because it was difficult to get the little guy out in time (not to mention, there was no way I was wandering onto a city street in the middle of the night)
so back to the point....
So since we got to our new temporary home, the yard is fenced in and Ace literally just started going up to the sliding door and then looking back at us! He will even trot over to one of us then back to the door if we don't notice him!
I am so proud of him =) 
Now if we could only stop the digging he has started yesterday...he made himself a wonderful mud hole in Ace's grandpa's flower bed....
*I think he has had about 5 baths since we moved here...haha no no..I'm joking, only 1*
Because we moved, we had to change his puppy classes because I don't have a car, and really don't think it's great to make a 1.5 hour treck via bus, subway, streetcar to go to a puppy class!
I called the wonderful puppy trainer and turns out she has another location closer to us! She is going to let us actually start over beginning June 2nd or 3rd I think! She just loves Ace and I know she doesn't want to miss out on his training!! =)
Today Ace is 15 weeks and tomorrow he goes for his Rabies and checkup! 
We will get to see how much he weighs!! 
I did a strenuous yoga class today and I am sooo sore and was seriously strained trying to lift him haha!! (okay, not SERIOUSLY strained...just a bit)
=)


6 comments:

  1. haha. it's not the mold, it's the extra exercise that's making ace sweeter! for sure. glad you got out in time and that you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you're feeling better and Ace likes his new environment and he has made so much progress. It's good that the puppy class is settled too. Good luck for the checkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mold is nasty stuff. Glad you were able to get out quickly!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got away from the mold!! Living in such a nice place for now is going to make it hard to move back into an apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to hear you got away from the mold and are doing much better. Sounds like the move has been good for Ace in many ways. That's great that your obedience classes are still available!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful for all of you to get out of there and next to a park to boot! Hope when you find a new place you have a nice yard to play in. Nothing like your own yard to dig up. Remodeling Ace style!

    ReplyDelete